Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) is primarily involved in energy production and helps vision and skin health. It helps your body break down and use the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in your diet and helps metabolize food into energy. This type of B vitamin also functions to keep your skin, the lining of your gut, and your blood cells healthy.
Following beneficial effects are claimed by the “European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)”:
Riboflavin contributes to
- normal energy-yielding metabolism
- normal functioning of the nervous system
- the maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- the maintenance of normal red blood cells
- the maintenance of normal skin
- the maintenance of normal vision
- the normal metabolism of iron
- the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Taking any one of the B vitamins as a single supplement for a long period of time can result in an imbalance of other important B vitamins. For this reason, it is recommendable to take a supplement, which includes the full spectrum of the B vitamins.
We at Vitaalia offer the complete range of all 8 B-vitamins (“neurotropic vitamins”) in optimal dosages in handy spray bottle as the sublingually absorption through the mouth is a very fast way to deliver the vitamins into the bloodstream. You can also find the full spectrum of B-vitamins in our Multivitamin & Minerals plus tablets.