An incredible 3,500 medical indications are associated with a magnesium deficiency!
But who is aware of this in everyday life? — Unfortunately, hardly anyone; especially since there is still a lot of unawareness about this topic.
Therefore, the following is a short list of a few symptoms that can be divided into 3 levels depending on their severity and life-threatening nature.
Early signs of deficiency may include:
Significant magnesium deficiency can cause:
- Muscle twitching and cramps
- Cardiac arrhythmias
Threatening magnesium deficiency:
- Hypocalcemia (calcium deficiency)
- Hypokalemia (potassium deficiency)
- Without treatment, this leads to bone-, muscle- and nerve damage or kidney failure and occurrence of ECG changes up to ventricular fibrillation.
We cannot emphasize enough the importance of a regular magnesium supplementation!
Constant stress, poor diet, coffee and cola consumption, taking medicine or too little sleep deplete our magnesium levels in the body. Hardly anyone is not affected by this nowadays.
Did you already know that deep relaxation can be achieved with magnesium? Both physically (muscles, tendons), and mentally in the case of mood swings, dejection or exhaustion. But it not only relaxes, but builds up a stabilising force from within and the well-being comes into balance.
That’s why we also call magnesium the power-relax mineral!
Due to this widespread deficiency and its rather unpleasant consequences, we at Vitaalia have several types of magnesium in our webshop:
- Vegan tri-magnesium di-citrate capsules (extremely high bioavailability).
- Magnesium flakes Zechstein
- Magnesium Gel Zechstein (from travel to refill bottle)
- Magnesium Spray Zechstein (from travel to refill bottle)